The better you prepare your top, the happier you will be with the results, so please be sure you attend to the following before sending me your materials:
- Do NOT baste or pin all layers (top, batting and backing) together. Each is loaded on to the longarm machine separately and would have to be un-basted or pinned!!
- Your backing and batting material MUST measure 4 inches wider and 4 inches longer than your quilt top.
- Press the quilt top so it lies flat, including all seams and trim all threads.
- If you are supplying your own backing, please trim off selvage edges before any seaming, then press seam open, fold gently and include it with the batting and quilt top. The best backing is cotton, muslin or quilter's flannel. E-mail me if you have a question about backing.
- If your backing has a seam, note whether you intend the seam to run from top to bottom or from side to side.
- If your quilt design includes scallops or curved edges, please wait to cut them until after the longarm quilting is completed.
- If your quilt design has a definite “head” that might not be obvious, identify it with a note pinned to the top edge.
- If you are purchasing binding services, include 1 yard of your chosen fabric. Binding will be machine stitched to the front of the quilt with mitered corners and hand stitched to the back of the quilt. Excess binding fabric will be returned.